Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Three things I'm looking forward to in June

#1 - Farmer's Market

June 2nd marks the opening day for the Mitchell Farmer's Market. I was so excited, we recorded a podcast with Time at the Table's Billy Mawhiney to see what we can expect in 2012. Listen here - http://mit-tel.blogspot.com/2012/05/podcast-10-billy-mawhiney-talks-about.html

Also, a quick plug for the Mitchell CSA Program (Community Supported Agriculture). You can learn more at www.freshmitchell.info.

#2 - Common Law (Fridays on USA Network)

Who's looking for something other than Reality TV this summer? This Guy. Who's a sucker for those goofball buddy cop shows? OK, you got me. Who's free on Friday, June 1st at 9pm? Hey now, let's not rub it in.

I'll be checking out this new series from USA Network to see if it can fill a bit of the void Psych leaves me this summer. I'm cautiously hopeful and if it doesn't work out, I'll have Franklin & Bash.

#3 - Rock of Ages

I have a rule that says do not pay to see Tom Cruise movies unless the words 'Mission' and 'Impossible' are involved. Combine that with my other rule that says do not watch musicals, and you can tell I'm very torn to include Rock of Ages on this month's list. I think it is the music of the 80's and Alec Baldwin that is throwing me off - anyway, I plan to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment