Thursday, July 5, 2012

Four Things I'm Looking Forward to in July


I’m sorry that you were forced to make it through the first five days of July not know what I was looking forward to this month. Since you’ve been so patient, I’ve super sized the number of things I can’t wait for…seriously you’ll freak out!
Four Things (and 8 sub-things) I’m looking forward to in July
  • Television! Looking at the month, July is a sneaky good month for TV, which is odd since the summer is usually a wasteland of reality TV. Not July, you have a ton of things to be happy for this month – happy birthday America!
a.       Big Brother (Thursday, July 12th): Honestly, I can’t believe I still watch this show. The past couple years I’ll make believe that there is no way I’m going to watch the new season, and BAM one week in I’m watching. I blame my wife.
b.      White Collar (Tuesday, July 10th): Here’s where the really good stuff starts. When we last saw Neal, Peter, Mozzie and Kelly Kapowski the heat was coming down on Neal for the treasure heist, he cut his anklet off and started to run just before the results of his parole hearing were coming out. This will be the first time in the show when Neal and Peter will be pitted against one another as the FBI turns their focus on Neal.  You NEED to watch this.
c.       Leverage (Sunday, July 15th): Great Sunday night option that delivers an old-fashioned heist every week. I love the group dynamic (especially Hardison) and enjoy the twist each episode of how the get out of the jam. It reminds me of watching Murder She Wrote growing up – except everything is exactly opposite.
d.      Walking Dead Marathon / Season 3 Preview Weekend (July 7th & 8th): Season Three isn’t set to start until October, but the folks at AMC in their infinite wisdom is throwing us a bone by giving us a preview weekend in July. AND, they are even re-airing the entire series back-to-back over the weekend. They will also have a Talking Dead show previewing the upcoming season on Sunday.  If you haven’t watched the show, now is the time to DVR it and catch up. You’ll thank me later.
                                                               i.      In addition to the marathon, they will show the original pilot in black & white – holy schnikies! Check it out – 8pm Sunday, July 8th on AMC.

  • New Series: Political Animals. This looks like another installment of the smart and well made new series from USA Network.  Sigourney Weaver stars as we see the curtain pulled back on a former first-family as they juggle political and personal ambition.  For more information, check out - http://www.usanetwork.com/series/politicalanimals/    
 
  •  Olympics Start July 27th – Truth be told, the Olympics are not a favorite of mine anymore, but I still get sucked in by a couple events every four years. I’ll tune in for the Men’s 100 meter dash  like my life depended on it and anything Michael Phelps is involved in (the guy is a freak).
 
  • Bonus Round: Movies!
a.       The Dark Night Rises – Loved, Loved, Loved the first two Nolan / Bale Batman movies and I can’t wait for the third installment. I see that Logan Luxury has a Marathon planned for July 19th. I’m guessing that would be seven well spent hours if you could manage the time!
b.      Savages – Oliver Stone teams up with Tim Riggins and awesome ensues.
c.       The Watch – Good cast (Vaughn, Stiller, and Hill) with a funny premise (a neighborhood watch group forms to fight aliens).

No comments:

Post a Comment